Friday 7 June 2013

Jo Loves Gardenia & Mango Nectar

JO LOVES 'Mango Nectar' and 'Gardenia'*
Jo Loves is the brainchild of the eponymous 'Jo' formerly of Jo Malone. Jo is basically one of my favourite, (if not the favourite), nose in the fragrance game. You just can't beat the old skool Jo Malone fragrances made under her creative direction for an overall sophistication and the clarity of each note. Personal favourites of mine are Nectarine Blossom & Honey and French Lime Blossom. Jo Malone is my go to stop for perfume usually, so I was really exited to try out Jo Loves after Jo's departure from the Jo Malone mothership. 

Jo Loves fragrances carry the same beautifully crafted scent combinations that made Jo Malone creations so exquisite. In fact I like these just as much, if not more, than my usual fare. Gardenia is from the first line of Jo Loves scents, and is a rich and sophisticated floral with a green crispness. This would be perfect for evening do's in the summer. What I really love about it is how it has somehow captured something akin to when you pass a flower and its perfume hangs in the air. Mango Nectar is from the new Mango range and has made its way into the top of the roster, becoming my ideal summer fragrance. It's juicy, sweet and ripe without being cloying and is actually very fresh. I usually like my florals and fruits cut through with some citrus but this is full bodied mango and is so, so delectable.

Both of these scents get a massive thumbs up from me and a high recommendation. Jo Loves are hands down some of the best fragrances out there and you really can count on something with Jo's name behind it to be perfectly crafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment