Thursday 10 April 2014

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette


For my birthday gratefully received the gift of the NAKED 2 palette from Urban Decay. Now, I've been after one of these bad boys for quite a while. I rarely wear anything apart from neutral eye shadows (boring I know, but I prefer loopy bright coloured lipsticks so somethings got to give), so one of these selections is the holy grail of eyeshadow palettes. This was also a very practical gift, as my usual eyeshadow staples, (apart from the MUA budget version of this, the 'Undress Me Too palette) which are the L'Oreal celebrity palettes (Aishwarya Rai (green), Doutzen Kroes (pink/grey nudes) and a gold one (Frieda Pinto) that I have basically run to the ground and they have stopped making them unfortunately. 

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

 I gunned for the Naked 2 palette over the other two as the variety of colours it featured were the most appealing. I prefer my neutrals on the beige/gold side rather than pink, and I also like to have lighter pearlescent shades to highlight which this version seemed to house more of. The eye shadows themselves are wonderfully silky to apply, and the brush is great with one end for sweeping over colour and another for contouring with the darker shades.
The palette also came with a trial selection of the four versions of Urban Decay's famous eyeshadow primer potion. This is another product which I had on my proverbial 'to try' list, and again I wasn't disappointed. It provides a smooth and brightened eye lid base upon which to apply the colour, and as you only need a tiny bit I'm still using the first tester I opened and my birthday was in January. I gave one of the samples to my mum who likes to wear the primer alone sometimes for a natural but polished daytime look.

Overall, I am currently saving this Urban Decay Palette for high days and holidays, and using my MUA version for everyday running about make-up or if I'm wearing glasses. For the versatility of looks to create and quality of the eyeshadows Urban Decay Naked palettes can't really be beat - there is a reason why this is such a sought after and famous product.

(Please also excuse how this was attractively photographed on my bed sheet, it is right by the window and had the best light to show off all the colours!)

No comments:

Post a Comment