Thursday 10 April 2014

Waitrose Pure Eye Gel

Waitrose 'Pure' Eye Gel £1.99


Whilst doing some special groceries in Waitrose, I came across a stand introducing the new 'Pure' skincare range which was being ushered in at half price. Beauty products are a new venture for the supermarket chain, but you may remember some years back when the baby bottom balm from Waitrose caused a sensation moonlighting as a ladies (face) moisturiser. I decided to pick this up as it as a) £1.99 on offer and a bargain, and b) I have been trying a sample of an eye gel from REN which I really do like but can't afford the big version (plus, at 23, probably don't need to be spending out on a heavy duty eye gel just yet). I mainly use eye gels for dark circles and wrinkle prevention, save guarding from having to swipe off waterproof mascara every night with cotton pads around the delicate eye area. This is also a generous sized product - as you know with eye gels and creams you only need the tiniest of pea sized drops to dab around the exterior of the eye, and this is a nice tall tube of product for the price.

The verdict? I am impressed! As I say, luckily I haven't even a whisper of wrinkles yet and although I have dark circles I don't suffer from eye-baggyness, so can't take my word for it in that respect, but it is a refreshing, cooling, unscented gel which calms the eye area and makes it appear brighter in the morning if applied before bed. A really good purchase if you are looking for a simple summer eye gel which is good for sensitive skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment